Saturday, September 20, 2008

Seven Days Of Bad Luck: Day 4


Day 4. Another night well spent on restlessness. I had to literally force myself to get up. I decided not to say "Fuck!" this morning. I felt like I had to avoid cussing too much. That way, my luck might just change. And the fact is, I didn't want another unsolicited lamely heated cup of coffee. No thanks. I'm gonna go through this day half asleep.

I got up and stood in front of the mirror for a while. If there is one good thing about this breakup is maybe the fact that i was able to finally lose some weight. Those trips to fancy restaurant, in some, way was inadvertently flushed somewhere. I have my cheekbones back but damn it! This pair of eyebags is a spoiler. I think i won't shave today. I look like shit anyway. Noone would notice it. The general outcome would still be, "He looks like shit."

Although, there was a drizzle outside, i decided to go to school for a change. My temerity to attend school despite the fact that i haven't read a page is motivated by the idea that i'd be seeing the china eyed girl sitting in front of me. Maybe this time, i can really look at her until my eyes fell off its sockets without fear that she-who-must-not-be-named would come from behind and knock my head off.

My daydreaming was interrupted when i felt uncomfortably hot inside the taxi. For some idiotic reason, my cab overheated. Half way in unzipping my favorite hooded gray sweater, i realized i forgot to wear a goddam shirt. Oh that was totally fucked up! the sun was up. Hence, i sweated like a fucking pig in a jeepney ride to school.

I noticed that the front gate of the institution was unusually bereft of bystanders when i arrived. I only realize later on that classes were suspended. I did not fucking inquire why. As long as it is suspended, that's what matters.

I did not manage to see the china eyed girl sitting in front of me that day but i managed to fucking find myself a cab with a freaking faulty air conditioning system on the way back home. Once again, i perspired like a swine in a pigsty. I gave him a huge amount of tip. No, it's not because the ride home was comfy but it was given as a token of gratitude for reminding me that this day is no exception to my seven day prophecy of bad luck.

1 comment:

Pre said...

a part of the controversial mini series.