Monday, September 15, 2008

Seven Days Of Bad Luck: Day 2


Day 2. I'm still feeling shitty so I greeted the morning with a crispy and resounding "Fuck!" and tried to get back to sleep when a few seconds later the door swung open. It was our maid handing me a cup of coffee. I asked her why. She retorted that she thought she heard me asking for coffee. Nice.

I was forced to sit back up and sip the lamely heated cup of coffee. I grudgingly stood up and walked in front of my PC, lost in the thought if there is in any way, this day be different from yesterday. I looked for my cellphone below the heap of junk for a possible sign that my luck indeed changed. Inbox. One message received. Yes! With renewed hope, i quickly opened it up. The message read: "You are cheating on me..." What the fuck! Can you hand me a dictionary please and pound it on my fucking head. I seem to have missed the definition of the term.

After regaining composure, i realized that i can't really blame her for thinking that way. Because lately, i haven't been telling her about the hell i'm going through. It's just too depressing. We've already had enough drama in our lives. I decided that it's best to just spend the rest of the day in slumber and hope not to wake up anymore.

6:18P.M. I peeped through between the spaces of the blinds and realized that i missed the sun again. I took a cigarette, lit it up and slumped back on the concrete wall. What now? I let off a sigh allowing the smoke to rush out my mouth and nostrils. My mind wandered on the past, asking why i wound up like this. I am a mess. Everybody thinks i am a mess. For how long have i been this way? Yea, it's quite different now that she's gone. But given the option whether or not to be with her, i'd rather be like this than to destroy both of us in the process. Let me be the one to rot here. And there it goes again. The pangs of pain came rushing in like a toxic chemical emitted by this weary heart. Why does it have to run in just one part of my vein? With full force, i thumped the wall with the back of my fist hoping this nightmare would stop. A muffled thud. Something gave in from above me and before i knew it, the acoustic guitar hanging on the wall conveniently fell on my head. Bang!

That must have hurt, i thought. But it didn't sting at all. I'm feeling numb inside and out. If the roof of this room would fall on me too, i wouldn't give a fuck. And it's just Day 2.

1 comment:

Pre said...

a part of the controversial mini series.